THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Stars

It was late at night. i knew that. i've tried to sleep but it did not worked. i could here the sound of crickets and frogs from outside my house. the steadiness of the air that night did not made me sleepy enough to fall asleep. the reason was because my head was so full wth thoughts.
i decided to get up. i switched on the table lamp and it lighted almost half of the room which wa before, covered in darkness. i took tha photograph from the table and i slowly walked towards the sliding door. it was'nt shut so i slided it and went out to the balcony.
There were stars. stars that were shining so brightly. But...none of the stars were mine. that thought saddened me again. i took a glance at the photo in my hands. there he was, grinning towards me, showing his pearly white teeth. warm perly tears rolled on my cheek for the hundreth time.
i have to admit that he was my everything. he was the one who introduce me to the stars.he was the one who told me the reason why the stars were always shining so brightly. i did not get it at first, but now i realised why he wanted me to know the stars. "love, one day, when i'm away and you're missing me, look for the stars and i'll be among them..." he was one of them. he was one of the stars...
i met him about not too long ago...i was rushing to my first work interview and bumped into him. it was obviously my fault but wheni apologized, he kept smiling at me and said that it was nothing. i was puzzled but it was love at first sight.
little did i knew that he was one if the panels who interviewed me that morning and his presence during my interview did not do much help as i was so nervous by the way he looked at me. luckily, i did got the job and i was assigned to work under him. he was easy to work with and a great boss and...also a good lover too. he expressed his feelings towards me not long after i worked for him and i accepted him wthout any hesitation because deep down in my heart, i knew that he was the one for me.
we got married not long after that and although my friends were saying that i was rushing in with my relationship with him baut it din't matter because i knew that i didn't have to wait naymore because he was surely my lover. we shared our hapiness together as husband and wife. there were no obstacle in life that i could not go through after i met him. he made all my problems melt away just like snow melted when heated. i loved him deeply and dearly.
tears kept running down my cheeks as i continued to refresh my sweet memories with him. it did not occured to me why, why he had to go so soon from my life? our marriage had not been that long for him to be taken away from me. i rubbed my belly with love. i rubbed it like i rubbed Adam's cheek when his lips touched mine. a rub which was full of love and care. the though that Adam won't be able too see his ownly child grew up saddened me even more.
i could still remember that morning. i woke as usual and took my bath. i smiled upon watching Adam who was so deep into his sleep that he wasn't even minded by the noise that i made like he usually does. it was getting quite late and i was afraid that he might be late for work so i tried to woke him up. i tried shaking his body but i was shocked when i felt that his arms were as cold as ice and his body was as stiff as as stone.
the doctor said that it was sudden death that took him away about four months ago. since then, whenever i look into the sky at night, i could not find my star anymore and i knew the reason for this. it is because my star had died with him. but i am thankful to God that He din't leave me to go through this life on my own. He sent me something precious from Adam, a new star which was now growing in my tummy. his child that i am going to love and care as much as i did for Adam.

0 comments: